Convert DMX to 10v analog

Rose03

I recently started working at one of the few remaining outposts of 0-10v analog dimmer control. The desk is a grumpy old Leprecon 624. I would like to use ETC Nomad or some other DMX control so the question is: is there a way to convert DMX to 10v analog on a budget?

How many channels and what's your idea of "budget"?

Lightronics UMX-24 streets for just over USD$400 for 24 analog channels. Fleenor, Pathway, Leviton, and maybe Leprecon still make them as well.

I recently started working at one of the few remaining outposts of 0-10v analog dimmer control. The desk is a grumpy old Leprecon 624. I would like to use ETC Nomad or some other DMX control so the question is: is there a way to convert DMX to 10v analog on a budget?
I guess you've never visited many long-established small-town community theatres running on sparse budgets. I regularly see complete 0-10 analog systems and the more progressive ones that have DMX consoles going thru DMX to analog converters to their dimmers that refuse to die.
In fact, I'm going to one next week that has a Leprecon 624 and another the week after to fix dimmer issues after being in service 30 years or so.

Last year I helped the "Monsignor Schnacky Community Players" go through this process. They ended up with a Northlight DEC24ENC ($275), a DMX King UltraDMX Micro ($67), a copy of Cue Player Lighting ($99), and a laptop ($??). It's running their shows just fine.

I have 3 or 4 converters around the shed I would imagine your local lighting company will have some too, pulled out of dimmer upgrades or I imagine there would be some on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back