Convert etc net2 node to pathport

I have a bunch of ETC net2 nodes that I would like to consider upgrading to artnet, sacn with pathway stuff. I realize that etc can’t help with this and pathway probably can’t either. As I understand it this involves a hardware mod as well as a firmware update. I’m wondering if anyone has tried this and would be willing to share.

Thanks,

Pat

It's been a while since I've done it, and Pathway's/Rob's solution did not exist when last I did (and I'd probably have taken advantage of the new hardware if it had) but this is doable in software alone. For a variety of reasons (including the possibility of bricking your device if it goes poorly) I'm not inclined to share with the internet the specifics of how to do it, but what I will say is that NCE/ETCNet2 Gateways supports the ability to update their firmware, and Pathports firmware is certainly an update. Do what this what you will.

Last edited:
I've been taking advantage of this unexpected free time to work through some of my list of low-priority projects. One of today's was to try applying @danTt's hints to some old ETCNet2 nodes I've had laying around for a while (since we upgraded everything to sACN/NET3). There were some initial stumbles as I had to remind myself of all the silly little tricks required to make NCE run properly on a modern computer, but aside from that, the process was pretty straightforward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back