Converting obsession to ion issues

atsugi

So I have followed the instructions on the other threads and converted my show file to ascii using obsession 2 offline editor, I then opened up the EOS family off-line editor and went to import>usitt ascii>as library fixtures>show file location>show file.

The editor then did its magic importing the information, however only the cue timing is showing, I have no channels or intensity information. On the OBSN offline it is there I can see it but when converting it is missing.

any help would be appreciated.

sashapixie

In the ascii file, there may be a line near the top denoting that the file came from Obsession (you can open the ascii file as a txt file). Remove this line and resave the ascii file. Then do the import.
This has worked for me in the past.

SteveB

Sasha was shy for some reason, but to know that the answer was provided by one of the many smart folks at ETC.

I really don't know what we'd do without you all.

Thanks again Sasha for watching our humble pages and of course, providing a solution.

sashapixie

Sasha was shy for some reason, but to know that the answer was provided by one of the many smart folks at ETC.

I really don't know what we'd do without you all.

Thanks again Sasha for watching our humble pages and of course, providing a solution.
Thank you, Steve!
Admittedly, I am bit bad at watching Control Booth since I spend so much time on the ETC forums, but Control Booth is great and I try to help out when I can.

GreyWyvern

Thank you, Steve!
Admittedly, I am bit bad at watching Control Booth since I spend so much time on the ETC forums, but Control Booth is great and I try to help out when I can.
Maybe @dvsDave could get you set up for keyword alerts. Very nice feature.

Users who are viewing this thread