A while back, I made these cool uplights (Pic's 1,2,3&4) for my media room. They're just a 65Q housing with a 40w bathroom vanity light bulb. (I chose a GE Reveal and it looks nice and cool). Including the socket (plastic with inline screw switch on the back) and the price of the cord, plug and bulb this project cost me about $8. The Fresnel was free (dead with no lamp base/assy) and I already had the paint/makeshift floor base. (It doesn't get hot enough to catch anything on fire if knocked over but I still hope to improve it soon. As well as putting a strain relief on that cord). The second set of pic's shows my 360Q project. I recently overhauled a bunch of 360Q's (see my other thread) and since I cannibalized a bunch of parts I was left with enough material to make some "shells". I couldn't bring myself to taking them to the scrap metal yard so I assembled one and put in some spare lenses (6x12) and an unusable reflector. Someone had bored out the hole in the back to accommodate one of those 360 prefocus bases I'm guessing. Anyway it was a perfect fit for a household lamp so I put an Edison lamp base on an Altman cap and viola. I'm pretty impressed by the even field of the beam! I have enough parts to hopefully make 3-4 fixtures, my choice of 6x9 or 6x12's. This one pictured is just a prototype. I'm hoping to make a more proper one when time allows. Pic 5 shows the fixture in its assembled state. I plan on painting it black and adding shutters. Pic 6 (self explanatory) Pic 7 Medium screw base lamp in reflector Pic 8 Pretty good results! Edit: The wiring in Fresnel pic #2 isn't as close to the lamp as it appears but I am going to add a short length of fiberglass sleeving just as a precaution.