Cord Connector Question

gmff

I need to put up an old curtain track. It was put in originally in 1941 before Bette Davis came to town and celebrated the 31st birthday. These are 1/2" x 1/2" 3/4" and have a hole for the cord to go into and a screw to secure the cord in place. I have called a few places and every body went "what". Any help would be great.

The term "cord connector" is absolutely correct since you are talking about curtain track. I would just call Rose Brand to buy a pair; they will probably need to know the diameter of the cord, but the connectors might be universal in that regard. If you had aluminum stock the right size, it would be relatively easy to drill the through-hole and tap it for a set screw.

1702-Master-Carrier.jpeg

If you are indeed looking for a pair of "Master Carriers" for a standard theatrical track you will need to know the model number or type of track you want to install them to. If you could post a picture along with some dimensions of an end-view we might be able to identify the track and better help. Now if the track is 1/2"x1/2"x3/4" it's most likely not a theatrical track and probably an old transom track from Sears or the like. To be honest if it IS Theatrical Track, well, track has changed a LOT over the years parts may not be available. Either way, post some pic to help us help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back