Corn chips in the booth.

mcdonalds coffee is disgusting in australia aswell... we have a couch and all that stuff in the bio box aswell, but ours doubles as a cable storage box haha i have UV lights on my side, not really into the whole lava lamp scene.. its kinda orgyish lol

parcans are also good at cooking food, they are able to fry an egg on the back or toast bread on the front.

we have gloria jeans here.. bit like starbucks but more australianised... there are no starbucks around here anyway hahah

No food, no drink in the booth. Wanna drink? (step outside) Need a snack? (take five, go get chips, just don't bring it into the booth) Of course if you happen to have an extra ETC 24/48 laying around or the $2,500 it would cost to get a new one...

No cell phones either. We had our 24/48 completely blink a 300-cue dance concert because the frequency of the incoming call futzed with the board memory.

Ah, you're thinking, but you had the show backed up to disk, right?

Yeah...that would have been nice... Luckily, it only cost us Act Two, but still a righteous pain in the tuckus.

Big Gorilla

never had that problem, ours just makes that noise that im sure everyone is familar with...
at my work its the same rules as urs but at school me and the other guy have set our own rules lol but we have the gear on one side and a tabble down one wall where we keep all stuff like phones and food... the only thing u had to step outside for was smoking.

i never have food or drink on tables with gear, tonight i spent hours in the booth doing a rehersal for an indian culture show, the people running it rented the school and we have to tech it... they dont know what they want and argue with eachoter about what they want us to do... really annoying, anyway to get back to the point it was really hot in the booth and i couldnt go w/ out a drink so i put a cable tie around the top of soda bottle and hung it from a hook on the wall since every free surface (stools and chairs) was taken up by some un neccesary person who could have easily been in the audience, or for that matter anywhere but the booth.

mmm i hate shows like that, i generally move even the lx desk out into the auditorium now to prevent having unecessary people in the booth, also easier to get to the stage to fix things and whatever else, then they can all sit around you and yell there instead lol

I have a lighting desk that I frequently hire out to pubs and the rest... i got it back last week and it had puke soaked into the foam of the roadcase.. mmm lovely lovely puke.... if i ever find that lighting technician, i swear i will.. do something pretty bad!

BTW.. IM BACK!

we always had food and drink in the booth, it was no big deal, especially with our old equipment, the only way to get it replaced was for it to be killed, so it was no big deal, worst case scenario, we killed a board, and had to get a new one, darn. the light board did die, but it was old age, not a spilled coke that did it in. i was glad we got a new crappy light board, an etc 48/96 express, that board sucks, i wanted the old strand 24 channel mantrix 2s back. the etc is terrible, oh well back to the booth, we never had any problems, the food/drink was always kept on a shelf on the back wall or on the floor, with a lid of course. As long as everyone is careful it's not a problem.

someone, and i dont know who left a cup of soda on the rable with the equipment at our show on saturday, somehow it spilled right where the sound board was. luckily the board was sitting on the bottom half of a roadcase since it was rented, had it been sitting on the table without the case there woulda been soda all over the board. and that is why while we all completely ignore the no food/drink in the booth/tech area rules we should follow the no food/drink on surfases with equipment rule!

welcome back jeremy! i would never move the board into the auditorium for a show like that, all that would mean is that the people who couldnt fit into the booth could bother me as could all the little kids who wanted to push buttons!

The privilidge of having food in our booth is something that is worked up to. In the very begining of the year, I allow food, then one by one, I catch people leaning over the light or sound board with an open drink or food and I nicely ask them not to bring food or drink into the booth any more. If I havent caught the person being irresponsible with food or drink, I dont mind them having it in the booth. We have a cabinate on the back wall of our booth, and noone minds if we keep food in it. The administration at my school is SUPER strict about no food in the actual aditorium, but they dont seem to mind techies being the exception if they bring it up into the booth to eat it. (and they know that we are usualy the ones who end up vacuuming the place anyway... :) )

what? vaccuming? i dont think our booth has ever been vaccumed!

Peter said:
(and they know that we are usualy the ones who end up vacuuming the place anyway... :) )

holy !@#$ finally someone else who has to clean their own theatre!
We have to polish the brass railings mop,pick up garbage and vacuum

wow i feel bad for you two. the stage crew/tech crew has to maintain the stage and we need to maintain the booth, but the house is up to the custodians.

LoL, no one has ever really told us to clean the place (and it's not realy the booth that we clean it's the auditorium proper) but if I tell you that we had 25% of our TEACHING staff cut last year, you can guess how much custodial staff we have now! The Janators NEVER come into the Auditorium. If we need the trash emptied even we have to bring it out and put it in the dumpster ourselves (it starts to smell funny after a while with too many wrappers in it). The place is actually getting quite grose, but but there are only so many hours in the day, and I spend more time working on shows then I can spend cleaning the auditorium. I usualy just do a big push to clean it before outside rental groups come in (and likewise make them clean it before they leave). Maybe it will get bad enough that the principle will do something about it, but in the mean time.... i dont know what to do (i think i need one of those Romba robotic vacuum cleaners... i would just have to make it figure out how to get up and down the stairs..... hmm sounds like a project for Digital Electronics class!)

ha ha ha

my dad is a big-wig at a popular snack/potato chip company.
so you can assume that we were ALWAYS stocked up on food.
it was a beautiful thing.
i think they were sad when i left.
the food supply stopped.

and i can for sure say that thigs DEFINITELY got hot and steamy up in the booth.
and in the cats for that matter.
fun times...

as far as things getting hot in the booth.... last year at at another school where we could hide from the windows they did, this year im trying to figure out a way to convince my assistant principal to let me hang a curtain in front of the window.

Haha, nice. We've got a special (carpeted!) room under the stairs just for late-night iniquity. Very enjoyable.

I started my own tradition as board op (once I got comfy with how relaxed/careless I could be around the board, and the LD got used to me) of bringing a HUGE slurpee up to the booth to share with anyone who wanted it during each show. It gets really hot up there in summer, so it kept other people pretty happy, and the sugar helped a lot, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back