Corn chips in the booth.

i "acquired" (reposessed) a cooler that i fill with ice, root beer and gallons of water. I have my assistant run to the grocery store and get the ice before each show

we tend to keep a few packs of pop in our booth. the coffee maker, capocinuo(i cant spell) machine, refrigrator, microwave, and toaster oven is all back stage.

that certainly trumps my sneaking into the cafeteria for a vending machine

We just sneak concession food, since the fridge is at the bottom of the stairs to the booth. Mmmm... Alotti Biscotti Brownies!

I got a mini-fridge for free from the regional theater I work at (they got a newer, bigger one) that I put in the booth. Aaaahhhh, the joys of cool soda. Problem is the younger tech's don't clean up after themselves and spill and make the tabel sticky.... :evil:

We may not have a fridge in the booth, but when it comes time for the play out booth has more food in it that a cafiteria. Everyone brings in food, and if you dont bring in food then you dont eat. Very simple concept that can work for us that are in the booth because this food is very desierable, in some cases the people backstage will do ANYTHING for it....

SuperCow said:
We have food in the booth all the time. We have a fridge, and the Pizza Pizza store recognizes "The Booth" in our theater a legitimate delivery adress.

HaHa

My best friend and an ex-tech crew member (he graduated) works at Pizza Joe's witch is about 5 min. from our school. We get Pizza every musicial on the show nights without even ordering it. They just know to bring 2 large roni. pizzas. + we get a discount.

-Ray

Our booth isnt supposed to have any food in it, and you can drink things, but that doesnt mean we listen. Our express 48/96 had a blunt stain on it, and we have mixed drinks prolly over the sound board. Granted we are all underage but no one questions the tech crew at my school because no one understands what we do. Food is eh, if your careful you can do it. Suprisingly, the booth doesnt get used for anything steamy, nor does any of the theater. Thats kinda nice i guess.

OMG!!! Having food and drinks at the tech boards!! You gotta be nuts! What were you thinking?? You can do some serious damage with that stuff!

avkid said:
Thranduil said:
Our express 48/96 had a blunt stain on it

A what?
that better not mean one of the things I think it might mean!!!!!!!!

Then I suppose you don't want to hear about the show our sound tech used a "one of those things" clip as a lav clip, hmm...

Hey it wasnt me, it was from a year before i started tech. I think it may have messed something up thou, because the express in question is currently fired, or at least its psu is. Thou, the crew member who made the stain, along with the others who drank in the booth are now gone, so all that if it happens happens in a side room of the theater no use uses.

at school we have a no food in the auditorium rule, we enforce it when actors are around, but in the after hrs the tech crew will usualy set up a make shift table and eat dinner, if we are there that late. as foor food/drink in the booth, we are not suposed to have food in there and that is usualy enforced. we do allowe liquids in bottles. during our musical we had a bag of starburst (shhhh) and the construction workers stole them overnight.

We always maintain that although there is no food or drink in the auditorium, the booth is most certainly a seperate room, even if there is no seperation between the booth and the auditorium. Haha.

LOL
Yeah basically the no food or drink rule in the auditorium applies to the audience only, and usually that isn't a problem. Sometimes, however, the sound area of the booth is just a disaster, and really that is just uncalled for. I think I'll mention that we need more trash bins in the booth, maybe that'll help.

Guys, its pretty simple, this is a huge post about a topic that shouldn't be really a discussion.
For one its respect towards the gear, making sure you take care of it and not spoill stuff on it, or get corn chips in the faders, or touch it with greasy fingers. Secondly, its also a matter of respect towards your fellow technicians who must share the booth with you. If you enjoy working in a clean environment, make it so for others too.

We have rules about no food in the suditorium but they aren't enforced on the tech crew since more than half of us spend our entire day here on show nights. From when school starts at 7:25 to 10 at night or later. The actors can have food in their dressing rooms. That's their own responsibility.
Since I'm in charge of all things Lighting and Sound I don't have any rules about no food or drinks in the booth. You can even have them on the same desk you're working on. But I will hunt you to hell and back if you get it on my equipment.
Our TD always brings doughnuts on weeekends and some one normally makes a Sleven run so you can go with them or send money. This year my lighting and sound people took turns bringing in food for each other. It wasn't a big deal because there were only four of us.

haha...food.. We have an open deck for sound, so we have a no food/drink policy during shows since its not allowed in the aud, but we slip on the drinks as long as its in a capped bottle. Personnaly, i love my nalgene bottle... But either way. As to skipping cds? I always run my music through the computer and rip it into the hard drive devoted to that just for that reason, less to go wrong..(missing cds, fingerprints, scratches). But, as electronics go, i always keep the cd in my cue book and a cd player spooled up and ready to go just in case. O ya, and food is a right. you have to earn it!

Food is okay in our booth. There is even a snack and drink machine right outside the door. what did they expect? us to go through a long show without slipping out the door for a bag of chips. i didn't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back