Countryman headset clones

gpforet

I'm putting together an 8 channel wireless rig, and looking for suggestions to control costs. I certainly don't want junk, but budget is limited to about $300/channel. I've seen quite a few of those OSP countryman E6 clones around.

Does anyone have experience with these? Or other suggestions for less expensive headsets?

This is for local theatre musicals, so sound quality is important. As for the wireless rig itself, I'm hoping to be able to pick up some used gear.

Any wireless gurus wanna share their experience with what I should watch out for?

Thanks.

Is this $300/channel for the mic element, or for the entire RF channel? If it's the former, you should be able to get real B3's for about $200 and real B6's for $300 - both within your window. If it's the latter, I think you should reconsider what you are trying to do and what you want to achieve...

$300/channel for a whole wireless system ($300 for the mic element, transmitter, and reciever) isn't feasible unless you get an absolute steal on some used gear. I've used many of the cheaper wireless systems, and they're awful. Anything less than Shure PG (and even that's very low on the "halfway decent" bracket) or Sennheiser EW-100 or AKG WMS-400 is kinda worthless, IMO. It might work for a little bit, bit it's kinda lousy in the long run.

In terms of mic elements, I would never buy OSP. But that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back