Couple Voice EQ help

Techie93

Im working on a play. I recorded a couple arguing. What Im trying to do is to EQ it a point where its noticeable but not over taken. This is part of a sound scape. Its a New York city soundscape, so city sounds, sirens, etc. Its calls for a couple arguing. I have the couple, Im trying to find a way to EQ so we can hear the argument, but not to much so the voices cant be easily recognizable while its playing with the soundscape. Any suggestions? I use Adobe Audition for my EQ

Im working on a play. I recorded a couple arguing. What Im trying to do is to EQ it a point where its noticeable but not over taken. This is part of a sound scape. Its a New York city soundscape, so city sounds, sirens, etc. Its calls for a couple arguing. I have the couple, Im trying to find a way to EQ so we can hear the argument, but not to much so the voices cant be easily recognizable while its playing with the soundscape. Any suggestions? I use Adobe Audition for my EQ
This probably doesn't help you but here're my initial thoughts. If your goal is to tell the couple are arguing but not be distracted by their actual words or be able to understand exactly what they're saying, I think you've got a good chance. If your goal is to keep things understandable but not recognize the actual performers as being other cast members voicing additional roles I suspect you've a tougher challenge perhaps easier solved by rerecording two different people.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Change the pitch, add reverb, and play with some of the settings til you find that right sounds you are looking for.

start cutting out the high frequencies, and work your way down until the voices sound very muffled.

If it is just for a soundscape, it may be worth having them argue without actually using words. Actors spend time training on how to express emotion without the use of their words.
I also agree that cutting out the Highs will help make it sound further away and blend in a bit with the soundscape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back