COVID-19: CB's house nurse takes your questions

Yeah... who can you turn to .....when nobody needs you... I guess you need to go where destiny leads you..
... beg, steal or borrow / my share of laughter"

Both my parents were vaccinated for (?) in the 1940's; their vaccination left a small, circular, mark on their arms for life.
Why is this (apparently) not the case with COVID 19 vaccinations? I'm thinking such marks could serve as your proof of vaccinations.
TIA & Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

That scar is from the smallpox vaccine. It was a "live" vaccine .. and acctually the name vaccine came from the virus that was used Vaccinia. Vaccinia was the name of the cowpox virus. Going way back to when Edward Jenner supposedly noticed that the milkmaids didn't get sick with smallpox... they were invariably exposed to cowpox.. which didn't make them ill. As to why some are lifelong and near 100% effective and others are not, Depends on multiple factors.. method of the virus (or bacteria) entering, speed of multiplication, and how fast the body's "memory" response is to crank out more protective antibodies and lymphocytes.

Smallpox is the first pathogen to be eliminated completely from the human population, because the vaccine was so good and the WHO and others did targeted vaccine and monitoring toward the end.

We were also getting close on polio as well, but unfriendly regimes and ongoing war in the 3rd world make that more difficult, along with world travel and the first world countries particularly the US letting their guard down.

Other vaccines do not lend lifelong immunity. Lyme disease, Leptospirosis, in particular. Respiratory pathogens, with the possible exception of whooping cough are tough to crack. Even whooping cough vaccine, we found out the hard way in recent years can let you down later in life.

Flu of course mutates if you so much as look at it wrong, but new multi valent vaccines may mitigate some of that.

Corona doesn't get shut down in time to prevent shedding or mild disease in a lot of folks. But the vaccine would still be helpful in preventing spread... who's gonna affect more people.. someone who sheds for 3 days, or someone who sheds for 10?

We don't have good data on natural exposure immunity vs vaccine. There have been studies saying one is better than the other on both sides.

But given how low the side effects have been on the Pfizer and Moderna in particular.. there's very little downside to vaccinating even those who have had the disease.

I liked the statement.. Chicken McNuggets have a higher side effects profile than the vaccine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back