COVID-19 Event Cancellations

Well, organizers are insisting they are not canceling the UFO festival in Roswell NM. I wonder if they will be testing overseas and other world participants.

Well, organizers are insisting they are not canceling the UFO festival in Roswell NM. I wonder if they will be testing overseas and other world participants.
Why does that make me think of this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

110,000 people work in the film, TV, theater, music businesses in the NYC area alone. Most ?, many out of work currently. L.A. is around 125,000 or so ?, Gotta wonder if the state(s) unemployment account can handle that many ?
California is waving the one week waiting period to file for unemplaoyment, and are being very clear that you can file if your job is affected by the pandemic.

We just went to plaid.

We had to cancel our shows on Friday. Now we have to cancel the board meeting about what to do about cancelling our shows. Good thing I work for a telecom company. Time to set up a conference call.

New CDC guidelines are avoid gatherings of more than 50 people for the next 8 weeks.

At the current pace of revised guidelines, I wouldn't be surprised to see that lock down even further over the next 2 weeks as the full scope of the virus in the United States becomes more clear.

Start thinking about months. There won’t be any easing of restrictions until there is a downward trend in reported cases. It will be some time after that before public confidence is restored and likely longer before people consider spending their money on entertainment.

My community theatre is hoping for the best but planning as though we are losing the rest of the season.

In an effort to make lemonade out of this mess, we are contemplating capital projects and shovel-ready major renovations because one positive outcome may be government infrastructure funding and related stimulus packages. Prices and currency exchange rates may become favorable too.

My home county went to a 50 person gathering limit about a half hour ago. I just filed for unemployment for the first time in 30 years.

My home county went to a 50 person gathering limit about a half hour ago. I just filed for unemployment for the first time in 30 years.
With all the people having their jobs quitting on them, I wonder about how the unemployment offices are handling the possible loooooooog lines, do they have a 50 person cap??????

I've just been laid off, waiting on the other job who said they have SOME work for me to come but not sure how much and when. Otherwise generally, yup no work.
Seasons here have all been canceled except for a few outliers in both community and professional theatre.

Stratford (my OTHER local big boys) I've heard while they have officially cancelled until May sometime are prepairing to cancel their entire season. That is tragic, but like all of us, this is going to be a LONG time until the entertainment industry can get rolling again.

I'm really worried about myself, my fellow arts workers, and our employers.

The university made the call that "all employees in non-essential positions" (security, custodial, facilities, etc) are to work from home starting today. The staff and I were in this morning shutting down the shops and theaters and locking things away. We're all trying to work out how to work from home when all our jobs are, are building shows and maintaining the spaces. Thinking lots of online trainings and tutorials. Anybody have any skills that can be learned online? Or just fun things relating to our industry in an online setting? Already have Vectorworks and Eos videos on my list.
Thankful that they haven't furloughed or laid anyone off yet, and I hope it doesn't come to that. One nice thing about being home is my dog will love me being around more!
IMG-8619.JPG

With all the people having their jobs quitting on them, I wonder about how the unemployment offices are handling the possible loooooooog lines, do they have a 50 person cap??????
It's all on line now, or phone-in for those without an internet connection.

50 persons max is now the law in the State of Washington. Restaurant dining is now illegal, but they are allowed to sell take-out. All schools are closed for 30 days.

I don't know if this will help anyone but every church I have a contact with is going 100% toward online streaming. My boss at the church I moonlight at actually just got "promoted" to a tech position within the church council or conference or whatever because he has a great deal of experience with setting up streaming systems. It seems the only thing moving faster than toilet paper is anything made by Blackmagic at the moment. You all hunting for work might want to inquire at your local houses of worship, the bigger ones will probably have staff, but the smaller ones might offer some contract work if you can assist them in getting live online.

I was at an Ikea (Ottawa Canada maybe be of interest to some here) and they removed the iconic blue and yellow shopping bags.

I was at an Ikea (Ottawa Canada maybe be of interest to some here) and they removed the iconic blue and yellow shopping bags.
So 5km from my place and you didn’t drop in to say “hi”? I’m pouting!

I am pretty sure the lack of plastic bags has more to do with a ban on single-use plastics. Most stores are switching back to paper.

This one is entertainment related, for musicians in Oklahoma:
Red Dirt Relief

Users who are viewing this thread

Back