Creating 3D Lightning Bolt Effect

@Jim Missall Tom Fay and TPR Lighting and Fibre Optics were doing basically this in 1999 using six or more synchronized illumintators with a combination of internally rotating twinkle wheels and internally rotating gobo wheels cut to illuminate selected strands of end lit fiber in sequence.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Thanks, I’m a new member but frequent lurker here. Does Tom still work at TPR or a member here?

Thanks, I’m a new member but frequent lurker here. Does Tom still work at TPR or a member here?
@Jim Missall
Per TPR's website
, I believe Tom Fay is currently TPR's President and I'm not aware of him being a member of Dave's Control Booth Forum.
Edit: Link added. https://tprlights.com/
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I’m not sure if this is still applicable but was thinking of how to create an actual 3D effect on stage, as done by the WWE when the undertaker enters the ring and lightning strikes the 4 corner posts. It use to be gerbs on wires coming down / but now have changed into actual lightning bolts.

I know WWE has used CGI for some of their lightning effects, like when Taker did the lightning to the rig with Kurt Angle. The live audience only sees the pyro "result" and not the bolts. I've still got some friends there and I'll ask.

I know WWE has used CGI for some of their lightning effects, like when Taker did the lightning to the rig with Kurt Angle. The live audience only sees the pyro "result" and not the bolts. I've still got some friends there and I'll ask.
Lol I was wondering who was going to catch that after I posted it-some of their CGI looks like props hanging from the ceiling-pretty good video overlays (as you don’t see them live)-&-the “Undertaker’s” lightning is probably produced using CGI

I did email Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back