creating an "effect" on ETC Ion

I can't tell immediately from your video, but my initial guess is that your fixtures in those channels don't have the parameters available in effect 910. I would copy the effect and then adjust the parameters to match your fixtures.

I agree with everything @MRW Lights said. I just opened a show on my offline editor and patched Color Source Cycs in Direct mode like you have in your show and ran effect 910 and it worked. If you go into the effect editor copy 910 and then click on parameters and select all your color parameters Red, Green, Blue, Lime, and Indigo. That should work.

Here's a tutorial that might help...?

Attachments

• BASIC CHASE SEQUENCE PROGRAMMING TUTORIAL.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 237
Looks like a deep dive into effects on EOS might be in your future (unless you've done it now a month later).

Agreed, the reason for the error is that effect is set up for parameter(s) not on your fixtures. This kind of effect is set up to work on specific parameters. Stock Effect 910 "Color Smooth" is set up with the parameters for "CMY" and "RGB".
Didn't notice you mention the fixtures in use. But the advice above holds true.

The idea of color smooth is to fade between parameters to create a "smooth" transition through colours and going into the below there are a lot of ways to emulate or customise it.

There are a few ways you can CREATE (or modify) an effect to do this sort of thing...
1) Create a Step Based effect to do your will.
2) Create an Absolute effect using pallets/presets to do exactly what you want.
3) Create a Color or Linear effect using parameters that will work with your fixtures.

There are lots of tutorials and guides available to do any of these (including the courses by ETC) and doing so would greatly increase your skill and understanding of EOS.
As well myself and others would be happy to give more information/instructions if you need further help. Highly recommend doing a quick search for the guides mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back