Creating Projection Effects

zackconn44

Hey All!

I was wondering what would be the best, free method to creating continuos projection effects. Like if I wanted a white cloud and dark cloud effect moving like haze continuously as an animation How would I do it. Thank You!

*I also have Holo-Gauze. How would I make 3-D projection videos?*

softskies It's not free but it doesn't cost a lot and works well. As a bonus it is scriptable, as are all the SoundSpectrum visualizers. However, it requires a commercial license to use it, or recordings of it in a performance setting. Use the "contact us" page to inquire.

I know.. when the only tool I have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.... but... I used a looper program on a raspberry pi 3 to produce a continuous snow
back projection onto guaze for the George Bailey on the bridge scene in "Miracle in Bedford falls" I just had a minute or so of a fairly random snow fall animation and you just put
the video file of your choice on a usb stick, plug it in to the rasp pi, boot up and it will loop forever. Nice cheap and standalone. We used a physical shutter behind the
ground row to start and stop the effect. Will have to get you the exact looper project reference when I'm home.

Here's a raspberry pi looper project running a projector onto black guaze cloth from behind for George Bailey's bridge in Bedford Falls
cheap and free.. you just load your video onto a usb drive, boot the pi and it loops forever. We used a physical shutter in the groundrow to start and stop
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q0wWZBHayHNCTNoMHsxcTQMJ1pjRqFAm

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back