crew night

Well, we have partys. The main party has no booze, but some after partys do. Usually we just chill and maybe go to Steak 'n Shake. As I have started 2 years ago, one night for every performance, me and some other thechies go and aol cd some actors yard that we got frustrated with during the production. Yes, i said AOL cds or Earthlink cds. we collect them till one night we go to someones yeard and place thousands shiny sid up on their lawn. In the morning it is one sweet mirror.

hah that reminds me of what we did to our director for homecoming. through out the week we collected Bush signs(he hates bush alot). and we went to his house and covered his yard in Bush signs. he thought it was harilous but all the people missing signs didnt. they were all reclaimed but the next day.

Most shows i have worked on our run has gone like this.

1 day to show load in lights and sets with two stage hands and my self

show week or two depending on the show do the show with my self on lights and sound and a stage manager

last night of the show at about 10 pm load out set return rentle gear return the plot to the theatres plott and be out of there by 12 am or we go into overtime go to a house party usualy hosted by me with all the cast and crew which is usualy small since we do small cast plays such as Godot. we have a few drinks share a few jokes then get ready for the next show its really a crazy

but yes i will say this i do bond with my 2 or 3 techs but they change every show so its hard to create areal attachment but its normal

JH

alot of people talk about getting wasted, but no one ever does... Since we're only in high school its not like we can do anything we want, so normally crew goes to a local trucker stop on Friday night, and on Saturday someone has a cast party (normally that is left up to the seniors, but who ever is willing to host a party for 70 some sleep deprived teenagers is taken up on their offer) my mom has never really had a problem with how late I stay out, but shes not fond of me driving past 1am... its state curfew, and I could get pulled over... I dont think she wants to start driving me around again :lol:

GV_hellion said:
shes not fond of me driving past 1am... its state curfew, and I could get pulled over... :lol:

Wow, in New York State 9 P.M. is the curfew for anyone with a junior driver's license(under eighteen)

wisconsin is 11pm. all the people i used to hangout with never had a curfew including me but all my new friends have one and it sucks.

The Wednesday before every show our set and stage crew has a big dinner out in the lobby that the cast serves for them to say thank you. They give out all sorts of awards with duct tape sashes and everyone wears them to school the next day. It's a big way to tell the crew that they aren't forgotten.

Wow, in New York State 9 P.M. is the curfew for anyone with a junior driver's license(under eighteen)

In Mississippi it is 10pm until you are 16 and then there is no curfew

What is a "junior" drivers license
We have a permit(15)
a intermediate(15 1/2)
a regular (16 and up)

Sometimes when we stay late we order pizza ^.^

Other than that we mainly just have a crew party at a local diner after the show on opening night, then we join the cast party on closing night. Its fun!

Lol, even before I was 21, we still went to the bar after every corporate gig. Doesn't matter if we finish at 1 AM and have to be up at 4 AM, we still go get a drink.

For theatre stuff, same deal, except it is normally more for food then booze.

As far as specific nights, never. It was always just go out after show/rehearsal/setup/strike.

We have a tradition where the entire cast and crew go to Denny's after the third night of the show. We always get the new guy who thinks we're joking when we say we'd like a table for 30 (because the people in the first car get the table, so not everyone shows up at once). Then it takes an hour and a half to get everyone ordered and fed. Eating is hard without forks, which must be donated to the traditional fork house (Denny's must really wonder how so many of their forks are bent on the same night). Apart from a few cups and a plate, we haven't broken anything major, so they still let us in. We usually stay until about midnight, when we go to someone's house until 2am or so. It's a very good thing the third night of a show is Friday for us. It gives us plenty of time to sleep before the Saturday matinee and show. We've been asked on Saturday matinees why the booth smells like Denny's food. That smell just doesn't leave. Good times, good times....

Some nights (usually a Saturday) anyone in the show can join a party at Perkins. We're usually there from 11pm to 2am, and we have gotten to know the Saturday night Waiters very well. They don't have seating for 20-30 people all at one table, so we take up three long rows of tables. Our tradition is to eat a sugar packet (not swallowing,) do a half 'n half chaser, swish, and swallow. It tastes like a milkshake. They probably wonder why all the creamer is gone at tables that don't order coffee.

But the tech crew usually has a pizza party at the end of the year, where we elect "officers" and generally hang out for an hour or so, then go back and study for finals.

for us, its almost always about the diners.. .and i mean theres applebees too. but we tend to do it either on the final night of tech rehearsal (given all of us are still under legal curfew of 12:01 so this rarely ever happens after a tech rehearsal) and most times we join the cast after the show.

and of course, the well loved games of "badmitton" and "twister" .... sure.

but we tend to get around to a crew members house for a crew night once and a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back