Cross Reference SCR in CD80 Pack

Nugget

My local high school has two Stand Century 8127 CD80 Packs. One pack needs new SCR's. The OEM part number on the Crydom panel mount SCR is D2440-3851. Since this is an OEM part number I am not sure what one to try if I purchase through a electronic supplier.

Does anyone know the control voltage for the SCR? I am guessing it is 3 -32VDC. The cost for SCR through a good electronic supplier would be less than $50. I am sure this is much less than going to Strand.

Thanks for any input.

I replaced a bunch of bad SSR's in my 12 x 2.4k CD80's. Not sure if it's the same part you're looking for but I used: D2450-10 Crydom Solid State Relays. 6 months or so later they're still going strong.

You're part number points to http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Crydom/D2440/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsEIsGLxVc9kK6JrYCfG%252bki. I initially ordered a batch of those along with my 2450's but sent them back. I do not recall why I did this, I think it had something to do with a couple of my packs having the 2450's and a couple having the 2440's.

Last edited:
We still stock those relays, you can get a price from any dealer or service center in your area (listed on our website) just ask for part number 2-377003-010.
It may be cheaper to buy them elsewhere, but as a Strand tech support, it would be improper of me to recommend anywhere, I can just let you know that you can still get them from us. please feel free and do the due diligence and price check with any other source that is recommended. Just make sure you are getting the correct part.

My local high school has two Stand Century 8127 CD80 Packs. One pack needs new SCR's. The OEM part number on the Crydom panel mount SCR is D2440-3851. Since this is an OEM part number I am not sure what one to try if I purchase through a electronic supplier.

It is an SSR not an SCR. Do not confuse the two or bad things can happen. The part number that has been given to you is correct for Crydom. Teledyne also make great SSR's.

For the Crydom SSR's: 40 or 50 amp will do. It is only a 20A dimmers and you are well enough overrated there. Do not forget to appply either heatsink compound, thermal pad, etc. to the bottom of the SSR.

I would be surprised that you are getting the full range of dimmer using the 2450-10 as it is expecting an input voltage range of 3-32 Vdc and the original 2440-3851 uses an input range of 3.5-25 Vdc.

The SSRs turn full on with any voltage in the input range. Dimming is done using PWM, turning them on for a different fraction of each cycle of the AC waveform based on the desired intensity. So as long as they are supplied a voltage in that range (and I would guess the CD80 uses TTL logic so they are fed with something in the 3.5 - 4.5V range), they will be fine.
/mike

The SSRs turn full on with any voltage in the input range. Dimming is done using PWM, turning them on for a different fraction of each cycle of the AC waveform based on the desired intensity. So as long as they are supplied a voltage in that range (and I would guess the CD80 uses TTL logic so they are fed with something in the 3.5 - 4.5V range), they will be fine.
/mike

Right on the money. Old ramp card racks used anything from 5 to 15vdc for their pwm based on what rev the cards were (from rev a to rev s).

CD80AE I don't remember but probably 5V.

CD80Sv reversed fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back