The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Cryogenic solenoid valves

Discussion in 'Special Effects' started by SouthFloridaSFX, Mar 11, 2007.

1. SouthFloridaSFX

SouthFloridaSFX Member

Does anybody know of any sources for good cryo valves. I am working on some effects, but cant really find a good source for valves. The tanks are 2000psi. They sell the cryojets from lemaitre, but at $1100.00 a unit its just not reasonable, plus I figured someone heres done it before.

2. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Take a look in grainger or mcmastacar, I am not sure the max PSI of the selenoids in there, but it will be a good place to start.

3. SouthFloridaSFX

SouthFloridaSFX Member

yea, footer ive looked around, thanks for the direction. Im hoping someone has done this before and has a little more information about thread size ex ex.
    -jon

4. jwl868

jwl868 Active Member

You might be better off searching the internet for cryogenic valve manufacturers, and then giving them a call. Looks like stainless steel is the normal material and the valve stem packing/sealing is significantly different from a typical normal temperature /low pressure valves. (No wonder they are so expensive.)

Joe