CT Resources?

ScottH

Does anyone know of any rental houses near Fairfield CT? I'm from new york and doing a show up there. I know of tons of shops down here but im worried the trucking will kill me.

Sorry I don't have any help for you, but if you do find a good person to deal with please add them to our growing list of dealers around the world that CB members like in the collaborative article here. If you want to throw out some NY dealers please add them as well.

Correct me if im wrong, but that list is of dealers for purchasing. While most rental houses do deal in sales, I would think the two lists should be seperate.

Does anyone know of any rental houses near Fairfield CT? I'm from new york and doing a show up there. I know of tons of shops down here but im worried the trucking will kill me.

I don't know of any actually _in_ CT, but for New England rentals I highly recommend ALPS. They're located in Randolph, MA, which I'm pretty sure is closer than NJ, where all the New York shops are located. Their website is here, and the phone number is 781-961-3066. Ask for Rui Alves for rentals. Production Advantage is another option, but they're up in VT, and I've found ALPS more pleasant to work with over all.

When I was there in grad school, I rented small things from both Show Lighting, in Berlin CT, and CT Stage Supply... which if memory serves is in Plainsville...

I don't remember either being particularly cheap, but either might be cheaper than trucking it in. Show Lighting's gear always came in excellent condition, and was clean, and well organized.

Hope that helps!

Art

Show Lighting was the first rental shop I ever worked In. Is Will Heavey still around? I looked on line a couple of times but with no success. I wouldn't imagine he was a big internet user. He had these two beautiful 60" searchlights I had to clean. Glad I was thin then so I could climb in and out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back