Cubase or Pro Tools

Pro Tools or Cubase

• Total voters

Hughesie

take a side let's find out which is more used by controlbooth members

they both claim to be the industry standard

I'm going for Protools. I own both of these pieces of software and protools was easier for me to get the hang of, plus I think it offers more.

Neither. I use Digital Performer to create sound cues (I assume that's what you're asking about).

Here's my .02

Protools is by far the standard, for better or worse, if you learn it, most of the pro setups will all have it.

On the other hand, Personally I prefer Nuendo3 or Sonar with a RME interface

Sharyn

I've gotten used to cubease because stripped down version of it came with my recording equipment. I've never really worked with protools, although before I bought my recording equipment I downloaded Trial versions of ProTools, Cubease, and Sonar, and Sonar won out in my comparison. In the end however, my vote has to go to cubease, simply because I use it, however I agree that I dont think it's quite an industry standard at the moment.

While protools is certainly recognized by the rest of the world, I've found the low-end versions (LE) to be overpriced and limiting. Protools make sense on a midrange or highend scale, but the name isn't really that necessary. I personally like Digital Performer the best. It's affordable and does just about everything protools (except the obvious feature or proprietary gizmo).

Logic is also really nice. Very user friendly and lots of neat little plugins and features. Very stable and smooth. Not as much of a technical DAW like protools or DP.

Cubase is solid, but doesn't have all the technical specs of some of the big guys, thus it can be a little limiting. If it were business related, I would never opt to use it, but for home use, I totally would. It's easy, comfortable, fun, and affordable.

There are many free open source waveform editors that do a good job as well. Audacity is pretty darn amazing for $0.00.

Pro tools is the industry standard. I personally don't like it. It is very temperamental and tends to not work when you absolutely need it to.

Pro tools is the industry standard. I personally don't like it. It is very temperamental and tends to not work when you absolutely need it to.

I've had my protools system for over a year and have absolutely no problems with it. You have to tweak it so it runs best on your computer, but other than that it has been flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back