Cue in the Congo

Dreadpoet

(Preface) I own a Congo Jr. and am new to it as well as to movers…I have two new Martin, mx-10 extremes.
(Problem) If I want to write a preset/cue effectively to black out after cue1, move in cue 2, and come up in cue 3….how do I accomplish this without the mover attempting to move/setup right after cue 1 so that the audience watches the light moving into position as it is fading out. I thought I understood that I would need a ghost cue to move the light which is why the cue 2…I did not know that the mover would need another to blackout in spot before moving in the cue2.

(Question) How do I get movers to do the best transitions for theatrical purposes on the congo Jr.?

If you yhave a cue where the mover is at an intensity of zero, you can activate the move in dark function so that the mover will be up in the first cue be moving in the second cue in which it has no intensity and then be up again in its new position. to set move in black once the cues are written, you go to the sequence list and the select the attributes collum for the preset that the mover is supposed to move in and another tab shold pop up with all of the attributes for all of your movers listed. Then one of the colums shold saw move on go and you just select the pull down and change it ot move in black. Just remember that you have to do this for the preset in which the fixture has an intensity of zero.

You can also change the settings so that move in black is the default when you record new cues.

I hope this helps its been a couple of months since ive programed a congo so some of the specifics might be a little off but the general idea is there.

-Chris

Hi there -

You can do it manually, as you have written, but you would need 4 presets in that case - preset 1 - look #1, preset 2 - fade to black, preset 3 - move, preset 4 - fade up in new position. Obviously this is a pain in the backside, but it works. :)

Or you can use Congo's "Automark" function (v5.0 software) to do the "marking" for you. Mark is the term used to describe setting a fixture to a new position while it is dark. Automark relieves you of preset 3 above. You still need presets 1, 2 and 4 because automark will only move a fixture if it is currently dark and about to fade up in the next preset in a new position. It will not start moving the fixture until it has 0% intensity, so that should cover your requirement that you not see the fixture marking while it is fading down. Make sense?

Automark is a setting on the Sequence step - press MODIFY & PLAYBACK to open the editor and look for the column labeled "Attrib Move". If the system hasn't got Automark set as the default, then this column probably contains a lot of "On Go" settings. Select the row that corresponds to the step where the intensity comes back up (preset 4 in the example above) and press MODIFY repeatedly until the cell displays "Automark". Then you won't need the step containing preset 3 anymore...

Thanks -

Sarah

Sarah Clausen
Controls Product Manager
ETC, Inc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back