Sound f/x Cue Playback Software

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by mbenonis, Oct 17, 2007.

1. JerseyMatt

JerseyMatt Member

2. JR2010

JR2010 Member

I wanted to post this for those who are still searching for a playback solution.

A friend from graduate school developed a product called Canvas. It's a pretty cool platform that blends the engineering and artistic side of sound design. It's very visual in nature and allows you to build a system and design through building blocks.

I don't want to misrepresent his product too much, so please visit the website : https://avae.io/

There is a free trial and plenty of videos that show the features of the software. Please check it out!

Lalaith and RonHebbard like this.
  3. macsound

macsound Well-Known Member

In a small space, wondering how someone deals with background music vs live music.
    I'm thinking lobby situations, so preshow background muzak of some sort that ends and unmutes live feed based on time of day so the music would automatically fade out at 8pm and show feed fades up.
    Seems simple but probably isn't.
    Any ideas?

RonHebbard likes this.
  4. TimMc

TimMc Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    RonHebbard likes this.
  5. Ben Stiegler

Ben Stiegler Well-Known Member

Consultant, A1, System Designer, Prod Mgr, TD
    This is easy to do with a small QSC processor. PM or email me ([email protected]) and I'll walk you thru it.

RonHebbard likes this.
  6. Rick Wright

Rick Wright Member

I use show cue system. Great support, fast learning curve, does video and slides. PC compatible.

TimMc and RonHebbard like this.
  7. macsound

Maybe I'm over simplifying or over complicating. In reality, the switch could be done by hand, but too many times either sound check audio ends up in lobbies or program doesn't get turned up.

Hoping for something small because it's really just a programmable mixer and am hoping to be able to implement in a few different locations if they buy into it, but needs to be simple.
    Could be a PC or dedicated auto mixer or some other box.

RonHebbard likes this.
  8. Jay Ashworth

Jay Ashworth Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the lowest end Behringer x32's? Actually, the x-Air 12 is probably what I mean. OSC controllable over ethernet.

RonHebbard likes this.
  9. Digital Neo Sensation

Digital Neo Sensation Member

Hi all, just snagged myself an HS theatre director/instructor position at a public school in Mass., USA. My dept head tried to order the current Qlab from Figure 53, but we only use PURCHASE ORDERS to buy things in the district and they won't accept a PO.

Are there any resellers who would accept a Purchase Order to obtain advanced licenses? Kind of tearing my hair out here; Fig 53 won't budge and the district will ONLY purchase via PO (no credit card). It seems a little crazy to me.

RonHebbard likes this.
  10. macsound

How complicated of playback do you need to perform?
    Older versions of Qlab are free for regular playback and available on the figure53 website under older versions.
    I mostly use V2 because its the most simple for clients to install and do into music for awards etc.

TimMc likes this.
  11. Digital Neo Sensation

Digital Neo Sensation Member

I can't actually find any resellers, and my playback needs are not super complex, so I think I may just go with a previous version.

RonHebbard likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice