The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Control/Dimming Cue stack: Express

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by MSLD, Feb 5, 2009.

1. MSLD

MSLD Active Member

Does anyone know if there is a way on the Express 48/96 to make the A/B faders and the C/D faders two seperate cue stacks?

2. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

Nope.

And given that Express/ion is a single cue list/stack console, and after 10 years of running Express, I'm not clear as to how one uses a second fader set without stepping all over the first.

SB

3. MSLD

MSLD Active Member

I got ya. however it is helpful no matter how they do it. thanks for the answer

4. Esoteric

Esoteric Well-Known Member

Ummmm... I do it all the time. Just don't record the channels you don't want to change. It makes perfect sense to me.

Mike

5. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    Ummm..... Express being a Cue-Only console makes it really hard to not record the channels you don't want to move. In that recording a cue inherently records an action for every channel.

6. theatretechguy

theatretechguy Member

I've put "conventional" light cues on the A/B while doing some "movers" on the C/D Fader. Not really difficult if you're controlling your movers via instrument patch. Mentally it's exhausting but it can be done.

7. Esoteric

Esoteric Well-Known Member

Really hard is not the same as impossible. It was very easy to me. I used to run conventionals on subs, run my Studio Colors on the A/B faders and my Studio Spots on the C/D faders. In fact I was faster programming cues on it for the longest time because the way the Hog recorded cues didn't make sense to me. It took me a couple of months to really get the hang of the Hog after a few years on the Express/Expression.

Mike

8. MSLD

MSLD Active Member

thanks for the info. ill try some of it and learn the best way. by making mistakes :) thanks!!