Curtain Stacking?

ACTSTech

Okay, someone gave me a formula a long time ago and it got lost somewhere. When a curtain is drawn closed, how do you calculate the stacking width? I always just figured a foot for good measure, but with this renovation, I need a little more specifics. Anyone know of anything or am I just remembering wrong?

I mean, you're limited by the carriers right? So if you have a carrier every foot then its number of carriers multiplied by length of carrier. So a 29' curtain would have 30 carriers. If they are 3" each then you need 90" of space. Then I'd round up to the nearest foot. So 8 feet.

Note, I have absolutely no idea if there is a proper formula, or the actual specs of curtain carriers. I'm just thinking through your question while I eat lunch.

I e-mailed a few people and they all said I was crazy, which is an understatement. I know at one point, someone told me that if you know the fullness as well as the carrier width plus this times that you could get a rough estimate. I know we used to use it when we'd have hanging goods that had to travel from house to house that often times weren't full of wing space, so we had to be careful.

I mean, you're limited by the carriers right? So if you have a carrier every foot then its number of carriers multiplied by length of carrier. So a 29' curtain would have 30 carriers. If they are 3" each then you need 90" of space. Then I'd round up to the nearest foot. So 8 feet.

Note, I have absolutely no idea if there is a proper formula, or the actual specs of curtain carriers. I'm just thinking through your question while I eat lunch.
Is it one piece and stacks on one side / end OR two pieces? If split in two pieces, are they both equally sized??
@TheaterEd Was lunch good? Will this affect your calculation and, if so, how??
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

1616086287725.png

c/o H&H Specialties via https://www.hhspecialties.com/CAT16 2011.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back