Curved pipe and drape source

MarshallPope

I'm attempting to locate a source for what is apparently a rare pipe and drape component. I need curved horizontals, but the only size I have been able to find is a 10' wide 1/4 circle. Ideally, I would need a 1/8 circle with a width somewhere around 14-16'. Would anyone happen to know of a source with a wider variety of options or with reasonably priced custom pieces?

Thanks!!

mp

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding, so here goes nothing, but...

If you're talking about "standard" pipe and drape, where the horiz. have a hook on each end that fits into a slot in the vert., that can't happen with curved horiz. Gravity will always pull the middle of the arc downward. Okay, put a vert. in the middle of the arc, creating two smaller arcs that have the same problem.

So I'm thinking you are using 1.5" id BIP and cheeseburgers. As @sk8rsdad said, find a tube bender. Depending on the radius, you still may need more vert.s than if the horiz.s were straight.

Thanks! We're lucky enough to have a steel supplier as a major sponsor who will bend everything for us for free.
The size that I did find had the typical hooks on either end and some sort of curved Kee Klamp-esque coupler for the center, so I can probably accomplish the same thing with a cheeseborough. It's for a touring set (childrens theatre) that will be loaded in by the cast, so I'm just trying to find the most foolproof solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back