Custom Adapter

DMXtools said:
A purely resistive summing network is easy. The only drawback is that it has negative gain (in other words, loss). In this case (high-level headphone out to low-level mic. in) it's a good thing - it cuts the signal level down to something that won't overdrive the mic. preamps.

The particular network used would depend on the impedances and signal levels involved. I'll try to make time to draw up a couple examples and post a link to them here later today.

John

Hi John.

Don't you just hate it when an old post is rediscovered!

I was just wondering if there is any chance of getting these examples?

Cheers,

I needed to combine stereo signals from a vcr to mono, when I worked at a high school. I used the speaker to line level convertor to save channels. It is still in use after a couple of years. I could have probably also just used the simple combining circuit mentioned at the following link

http://www.epanorama.net/index2.php?section=circuits&index=audio

He also shows resistance network attenuators plus a simple passive resistance mixer.

While trying to remeber where this link was I came across a Tech Note from Rane on the subject which is quite helpful.

http://www.rane.com/pdf/note109.pdf

so if all your equipment is old, beat up, cheap and from either the 70's or walmart, you arne't an audio engineer?

me+Peavey Series 260 amp (4 channel powered mixer, from 1975. 130 watts out, controls on each channel: volume. high. low. reverb.)+Peavey column (4x10 column speaker from 1974)+homemade green wedge speaker (12" speaker from I don't know when)+homemade speaker cables (100' extension cables cut in half with 1/4 plugs soldered on)+cheap mic and XLR-1/4TS cable, plus a guitar amp= concert

:)

I know you were just joking but seriously, a good show and a good mix can be done with very old, cheap or bad equipment. It's all good I just like to type ;)

and $30 does seem expensive, but sometimes when you need something to do the job, any price is a good one!

Is that directed at me? if so, it takes a clever person to keep it all going,a lesser person would have thrown it out years ago!

darn right!!! The revolution is coming,the people with poor eqiupment and good attitudes are going take on the people with good equpment and bad attitudes! Viva Revolucion!!!!

um, I am too lazy and tired (just spent four hours rehanging my youth group's lighting by myself, which involves moving a big lift around then hauling myself up the back "spine" becaues it's meant to be int he basket and be lifted up, not climbed up. it's a pain in the lower back ;) ) to look back but I think it was aimed at the dude who was making fun of you for using a mackie. it seems he was joking but w/e, you know?

mackie 1604 VLZ-Pro really really nice board, I'm in love withit! Mackie equipment is really nice. woudlt' be good for huge live stuff but it's just beautiful for a small show.

and I'm darn proud of my peavey stuff! :twisted: the revolution has begun! mixing fingers ready! MIX!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back