The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Cyc Lights on RP Screen?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by pfalvi, Jun 25, 2016.

1. pfalvi

pfalvi Member

Hi all!

My company is about to purchase some ETC Selador Vivid-Rs. In the show we're about to start working on, we have the need for both projections and cyc washes. I've done projections onto a muslin cyc before, with some success, but I'd much rather do a Rear Projection screen. We have just come up with the money to buy a screen (I'm looking at this one) but I wanted to ask you all if there's any chance this would pick up enough light from those Seladors (from behind) to compare to a muslin cyc. I've just never tried it, so I'm not sure.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!

2. RonHebbard

RonHebbard Well-Known Member Premium Member

Do you have a plan for stretching; top to bottom, side to side?
    Do you have information on the surface's viewing angle?
    If you don't require an extremely wide viewing angle, have you considered the drama / visual impact of a black R/P screen?
    A black screen MAY be less affected by front light, either direct and / or bounced off the floor.
    Just a few immediate thoughts.
    Black R/P screens CAN be VERY effective IF you can live with the reduced viewing angle.
    If your space has VERY wide sightlines, a black screen probably isn't for you.
    Toodleoo!
    Ron Hebbard. (Closet black screen lover)