Cyc Lights on RP Screen?

pfalvi

Hi all!

My company is about to purchase some ETC Selador Vivid-Rs. In the show we're about to start working on, we have the need for both projections and cyc washes. I've done projections onto a muslin cyc before, with some success, but I'd much rather do a Rear Projection screen. We have just come up with the money to buy a screen (I'm looking at this one) but I wanted to ask you all if there's any chance this would pick up enough light from those Seladors (from behind) to compare to a muslin cyc. I've just never tried it, so I'm not sure.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Hi all!

My company is about to purchase some ETC Selador Vivid-Rs. In the show we're about to start working on, we have the need for both projections and cyc washes. I've done projections onto a muslin cyc before, with some success, but I'd much rather do a Rear Projection screen. We have just come up with the money to buy a screen (I'm looking at this one) but I wanted to ask you all if there's any chance this would pick up enough light from those Seladors (from behind) to compare to a muslin cyc. I've just never tried it, so I'm not sure.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!
Do you have a plan for stretching; top to bottom, side to side?
Do you have information on the surface's viewing angle?
If you don't require an extremely wide viewing angle, have you considered the drama / visual impact of a black R/P screen?
A black screen MAY be less affected by front light, either direct and / or bounced off the floor.
Just a few immediate thoughts.
Black R/P screens CAN be VERY effective IF you can live with the reduced viewing angle.
If your space has VERY wide sightlines, a black screen probably isn't for you.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard. (Closet black screen lover)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back