da_OSC Software

00AVD

When I was adding OSC control capability to MultiPlay 3, I needed a way to send it OSC messages. I had a look around for something existing but they were either dead links, needed Java to work, etc.

So I've written a little Windows program called da_OSC. Currently it lets you compose an OSC message with up to 4 arguments and send it to a specific host, port and address.

You may find it useful for confirming what messages your OSC enabled hardware or software accepts.

I'll probably add an OSC monitor window to it in due course so you can see what OSC messages are being sent as well.

Version 1.0.0.0 of da_OSC is available now on the da-Share web site.

I can send you a link to the OSC utilities package I used to add OSC to my software and for the OSC test tool on the site. Might save you some effort. I think you use Delphi too. Just PM me.

I used the one from github and modified it a little. Probably the same one. :)

Something else I just wrote is a "launcher" with OSC control. You send it the command, parameters (optional) and initial directory (optional) and it launches whatever program you specified.

For example; /launcher/go with one argument of "C:\example.txt" opens that file in the default application. If you specify the program directly in the first argument, you can pass the filename to open in the second argument.

Yup, same one. Probably like you, I had to make changes to the byte structure for the changes in Indy.

I also added in an extra function that takes a string then adds an integer, float or string type to the message. This way you can input the arguments as strings from an edit control even if they are integer or float.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back