Dance studio floor

peacefulone61

We are replacing two studio dance floors. I was wondering if there are floors that are comparable to the harliquenn stuido floor? Also has anyone had success using double sided tape under the floor as a semi permanite install?

If you use dbl sided tape you have to use the real thin stuff I've seen folks use upside down gaff tape under seams and after a very short time you see where the tape is as the floor settles. < Plus Gaff on Marley, Yech>
Honestly you are best off laying it down, vinyl taping the seams from the top, per manufacturers specifications, then either taping the perimeter from the top or dbl-sticking it. don't dbl=stick in the field it tends to cause bubbles.

Adagio, Encore, Rosco. there are tons of floors. Hit Rosebrand or your preferred local theatrical supplies dealer.

Contact Le Mark out of the UK and look into their Coda reversible dance floor. I purchase around $20k worth of dance floor a year and it is comparable to Harlequin reversible and half the price. If they don't have any in the US it is still cheaper to ship it in from the UK to the US (and I'm on the west coast). You will need to have an importer of record and there will be customs/duties involved so don't just blindly have them ship it or you will be SOL when it hits the US dock. But as I said, still cheaper than Harlequin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back