Dante AVIO

ihalevi

Hello.

Just got two new Dante AVIO devices. To register them on our Enterprise network, I need their MAC addresses. Any idea how to get them?

Typically, in a situation like this, I connect the device to a standalone router, and get the MAC address that way. But the AVIOs need POE, and my routers don't support that.

Any way to get the MAC address without a POE router?

Thanks!

Does the IT department have spare POE injector that they could loan you? If they are not being cooperative, injectors are not too expensive on Amazon.

I have a Ubiquiti 24V 1A POE injector, that doesn't seem to work with the AVIOs. I'll likely just have to get one from Amazon. Thanks!

So they wont show in Dante Controller if you don't register them?

Typically enterprise networks that need MAC addresses will do one of 2 things with unknown devices;
1 - Shut down the switch port
2 - Place the device into a "quarantine" VLAN. Typically these networks also run 802.1X authentication, and the quarantine VLAN allows the device to be online enough to get it's authentication sorted to get online, but depending on the setup, they could simply end up on a guest VLAN that is firewalled off from the main corporate network...

In either case, they won't be on the same VLAN or subnet as the rest of the Dante traffic and so won't be visible from the Dante Controller PC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back