Data issue between Chauvet Boards and Eliminator Dimmer packs

StageRightMike

Hey all: I've had issues with Eliminator ED15 Dimmer packs briefly losing data signal from multiple Chauvet boards (this issue is worse with the Chauvet Stage Designer than it is with the Obey 70, but happens with both. I've had this issue when using wireless DMX (show babies) AND when using fully wired data runs. Of course, since the dimmer packs are fairly low-end, my lights turn off briefly until next signal returns. Terminating doesn't seem to help fix the issue. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get around this issue without just replacing everything?

A Fleenor DMX2DMX would help you identify if the problem is in the data from the consoles.
http://www.dfd.com/dmx2dmx.html

Most likely the problem is in the dimmer, since it occurs with multiple different data sources. Wireless transceivers regenerate the DMX signal with their own timing local to the receiver, so they sort of do the same thing the DMX2DMX does.

See if the dimmer can be firmware updated.

A Fleenor DMX2DMX would help you identify if the problem is in the data from the consoles.

Hi there Jim!

We've actually come out with a new product that works better, AND is cheaper! The DMXDECELERATOR is only $200 list price, compared to the $772 for the DMX2DMX. It's a very handy little box. It does the same as the DMX2DMX, plus allows you to choose between "fast" and "slow" timing.

Hi there Jim!

We've actually come out with a new product that works better, AND is cheaper! The DMXDECELERATOR is only $200 list price, compared to the $772 for the DMX2DMX. It's a very handy little box. It does the same as the DMX2DMX, plus allows you to choose between "fast" and "slow" timing.

Very cool! I'll definitely look into that

http://www.dfd.com/dmx2dmx.html

Most likely the problem is in the dimmer, since it occurs with multiple different data sources. Wireless transceivers regenerate the DMX signal with their own timing local to the receiver, so they sort of do the same thing the DMX2DMX does.

See if the dimmer can be firmware updated.
I'll check in again with Eliminator, but the rep I spoke to didn't seem to think anything like that was possible. Always worth a double-check though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back