Dave Cunningham and the Magic of the Source 4--today at 2PM eastern

So this rigger and former lighting person just watched this entire video. I thoroughly enjoyed the history of the development of the fixture. Great Job ETC, Dave C, and of course @STEVETERRY!

Never liked the bench focus of the S-4. Mostly works, but sometimes it don't (too frequent when I work on them) and it requires expert cutting to replace bad or friezed parts. That said, the fixture was a breakthrough. Tri-screw of the 360Q, how many have blown up a lamp with mi-adjusting it, or said good enough already? As said, many ways of Leko lamp adjustment, back in about 1948 - you were bench focusing next to live termals... Side note, Kliegl did first the rotating lens train years before ETC. Great ETC and others brought back that concept.
Yet to get a Philliphere to the collection or study, as with a Pat 23. Be interested in a PM on the service of the Shakespeare's. Just got my first two in never serviced them before.

I'll look into the lamp questions tomorrow in having some old catalogues for possible help in dating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back