Dead and Poisoned Makeup look

Blassiter

I am currently working on Jekyll and Hyde, the director wants each dead character to return to stage reflecting how they died. I have the bloody deaths covered.
Is there a lexicon of makeup looks for different types of poisons?
I was going to go with a hypoxia look if I couldn't find a better one.

Blues and greens for Cyanide as they usually asphyxiate, you could add foaming at the mouth. maybe something to make it look like the cords of the necks are standing out.
Strychnine causes a ruddier complexion, if I remember correctly, because it causes muscles to constrict, and a very exhausted look, maybe sunken eyes, dark circles, etc. Strychnine is nasty. It causes massive convulsions, so much so that muscles begin to breakdown and people often die simply from the exhaustion of the convulsions.
Those are all the only ones I've ever used.... I mean, Um....

Netflix has all the aired episodes of Bones, perhaps some binge watching and fast forwarding of the Ooky room scenes and freeze frames with screen caps could provide inspiration.

Blues and greens for Cyanide as they usually asphyxiate, you could add foaming at the mouth. maybe something to make it look like the cords of the necks are standing out.
Strychnine causes a ruddier complexion, if I remember correctly, because it causes muscles to constrict, and a very exhausted look, maybe sunken eyes, dark circles, etc. Strychnine is nasty. It causes massive convulsions, so much so that muscles begin to breakdown and people often die simply from the exhaustion of the convulsions.
Those are all the only ones I've ever used.... I mean, Um....

Excellent I was leaning toward the Cyanide since the Director wants the froth.

Does the alkaseltzer tablet in the mouth really work for the foaming mouth effect.

Does the alkaseltzer tablet in the mouth really work for the foaming mouth effect.
Sure, if you gargle with some glycerin first....
p.s. I would not place an alka seltzer directly in my mouth. the fizzing action and carbonic acid created from the interaction of the CO2 being released with the water in your saliva would probably burn your tongue pretty badly.
I'm pretty sure somebody makes a "foam at the mouth makeup effect." in pill or capsule form.
Or you could crunch a mouthful of Zotz!

Sure, if you gargle with some glycerin first....
p.s. I would not place an alka seltzer directly in my mouth. the fizzing action and carbonic acid created from the interaction of the CO2 being released with the water in your saliva would probably burn your tongue pretty badly.
I'm pretty sure somebody makes a "foam at the mouth makeup effect." in pill or capsule form.
Or you could crunch a mouthful of Zotz!

Would glycerin actually protect the mouth in case I don't find a different makeup solution?
Though, I could see my actor swallowing a big gulp of glycerin and potentially having some unfortunate toilet time between shows.
What are Zotz?

Reactions: Van
Would glycerin actually protect the mouth in case I don't find a different makeup solution?
Though, I could see my actor swallowing a big gulp of glycerin and potentially having some unfortunate toilet time between shows.
What are Zotz?
IDK the glycerin was the only thing I could think of with surfactant properties like Soap, that might help the bubbles last.
Yes swallowing glycerin would be... unfortunate for the Actor and the Costumer...
http://www.oldtimecandy.com/walk-the-candy-aisle/zotz/

So I found a knock off recipe for sherbet fizzing candy that uses citric acid, baking soda, powdered sugar, and either jello powder or drink powder.

Reactions: Van

Users who are viewing this thread

Back