Deciding Between Two Intercom Headsets

np18358

I have searched and found a few different threads on intercom but none that address these models specifically.

I already have a CC26 that I like because it is so lightweight and comfortable. Started doing some more concert stuff recently and it simply doesn't provide enough isolation. I have to turn it up to the max on the pack and even then it's not easy to hear. Looking for something a little for louder environments (so the PH-88, which seems like a fave around here is out). I used a Sennheiser hmd 281 many years ago and i really liked it, so that is high on my list. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Shure BRH441M? Should I be considering the Beyerdynamic Dt108? I used the old cc-95 and i really hated them, but wore a cc-300 recently for a short gig and i didn't mind it.

Looking for something that is single ear, covers the whole ear, mic wearable on both side, and preferably mic is flexible gooseneck (although it seems that almost all are these days). I use traditional Clearcom packs and systems.

Thanks in advance!

Should I be considering the Beyerdynamic DT-108?
Absolutely. It's the favorite of many. Probably the most comfortable headset outside of the lightweight genre.

mic wearable on both side, and preferably mic is flexible gooseneck
In order to "change ears", one must pry off the the decorative cap with a greenie, remove a slotted screw, move the mic boom to the other side of the stop, replace the screw, and replace the cap. Not difficult, but takes longer than simply swinging the boom to the other side.

It's also not a gooseneck. And am I the only one who misses the feature that the mic turns off when one swings the gooseneck above one's head? OTOH, if I never have the hear the sound in my ear of a gooseneck being bent it will be too soon.

I have a dozen of the 300 series clearcom headsets... both dual and single. They are by far the best headset clearcom has ever done. The dual ones work well in a loud concert environment. They also have this cool feature that the mic cut out if you move the boom up... pretty useful.

Also look at david clark for real noise isolation headsets. They are a bit more but these things are built like tanks. http://www.davidclarkcompany.com/pro-audio/headsets.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back