Decisions, decisions.

chloecee

It's finally gotten to the point where I must decide what university to attend. From heavily creeping the forums here I have come to the consensus that the broader the education, the better, and I don't feel that I'm ready to choose between design and production just yet anyways. However, most of the schools I see discussed around here are American. Can anyone lend me any insight or opinions on Canadian schools/universities/colleges? Since I live in Alberta, I've mostly been leaning towards schools based here and in British Columbia. UBC seems to have really grabbed my attention, but I'd love to hear some other opinions and experiences with other schools.

First of all, welcome to the Booth. I'm glad that you have taken the time to search around the site. When you have a chance, it would be great if you could drop by the New Members Board to introduce yourself so we know a little bit about your background.

Anyhow, I hope some of our Canadian members jump on this one soon, as I know little about theater up north. Something to consider as well is that Vancouver seems to have a pretty strong film community as well.

Welcome to The Booth Eh?

I'm in Seattle so our ties to Vancouver are close. I've visited Vancouver many times and driven through the UBC campus many times. I know two people who attended UBC and were very happy, unfortunately they were not theater students so I can't help you there. As Ruinexplorer said they do have a big film industry so one would expect some good educational and career opportunities are possible as a result. It's a great campus and a great city. Sorry I can't help more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back