Demo Testing

DiscoBoxer

When I am looking at new light fixtures, I often request demo units to be sent by our reps or manufacturers for testing. This is a great option if available to you by your contacts, to do field testing of your own in your environment. This may not be an option for some smaller operations but when big dollars are on the line (and everything is expensive), this helps me weed through the claims of some products to see for myself before making a final decision. Does anyone else here do this (comments) or have tried to do it with no success?

I haven't done it with smaller items like fixtures, but I have requested and received audio equipment and high end gear to try out. If the manufacturer doesn't offer a service, my local vendor is great about finding demo equipment to try out.

If I can't get demos in house, I certainly try to see the gear I am interested in somewhere before I buy it. There are a bunch of venues around with lots of different gear, so I try to maintain a good relationship with them. Then I can call and ask if they have something that I want to see before I buy, or to help make a decision. Demos are invaluable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back