Design Fundamentals

rjn0

I'm revising my design fundamentals course, and i wondered if there was anything that the techs wished was taught in their intro class. Also any new texts that discuss the design process that you'd recomend?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit off topic, but I really enjoyed "Designing Disney" by John Hensch. The chapters on color and paint selection and how they influence architectural choices, as well as emotional and story-telling choices for me was a game changer. Few other texts have been able to talk about palette choices in a way that you can hook into. Wonderfully illustrated as well.

It's a bit off topic, but I really enjoyed "Designing Disney" by John Hensch. The chapters on color and paint selection and how they influence architectural choices, as well as emotional and story-telling choices for me was a game changer. Few other texts have been able to talk about palette choices in a way that you can hook into. Wonderfully illustrated as well.

Great! Color choice has been one of my sticking points

i'd love to see a text that explains the simple design things we take for granted like-- reading sightlines from a ground plan, integrating homgenous style into production process, balance etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back