Designing from a rough script

Dustincoc

I've got a show coming up in June that the script is still being written for. I think I'm going to be getting a copy of the rough script at this weeks production meeting(1st one), as well as finding out budget and all that good stuff. Any tips on developing a design? It's a childrens theatre production(for children, college actors) of Goldilocks.

CYA lights. Lots of CYA or spare lights.

Basically make a plot flexible enough for anything that might get changed within reason. Beyond that its just like anything else.

CYA lights. Lots of CYA or spare lights.

Basically make a plot flexible enough for anything that might get changed within reason. Beyond that its just like anything else.

Hmm, yes.

Do you know when you will be getting a groundplan? It may conveniently "force" certain lighting or acting areas.

The Stage is about 20'x20'(the trancept of a former church), with a curved back wall. have 48-leprechaun 1.2k dimmers(8-6 dimmer packed). For units, I have 8-36deg. S4's, a bunch of OLD OLD OLD century Lekos(Actual Lekos) of the 6x9 & 6x12 of the radial variety, 2 colortran ERS(20-40deg.), and a few 360Q 4.5x6.5 & 6x9 with 1-6x22. I also 4-5 chromaQ's over there.

Since the SM/TD/SD does tend to get things done much earlier than exected, and the actors/designers will be building everything, I think I'll be getting the groundplan in the next couple weeks. I've had to deal with drastic set changes after focus in the space before. This will be my 4th design in the space in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back