DF 50 Hazer not producing

Stone

A DF 50 hazer in the space is not producing haze. It manages to trickle out at an unusable amount if I cover the nozzle on the bowl to block the air out.

Fluid is 3/4 to the line. Power is 120v, compressor is running well. Bowl & filter have been cleaned. Bowl has a couple partial cracks, but none through the entire layer of glass. The threads holding the bowl’s nozzle in aren’t seated perfectly, but I don’t feel air coming out.

I can’t check anything else inside the tank cause I don’t want to rip it apart.

I’ve tried emptying the tank via a flip-n-shake until the fog oil stops pouring out and pouring a fresh jug of fluid in.

Anyone have suggestions to fix? My guess is something isn’t seated well inside cause it tries to push fog when I block the bowl’s nozzle.

There isn't much inside a DF50 - there's the compressor...that feeds a filter/dryer that feeds a hose into the bowl that bubbles through a nozzle. There is a little brass knob on the bottom of the filter/dryer that needs to be tightened or the compressed air will blow out the bottom. If the hose gets a leak inside the bowl, then the compressed air won't bubble through the oil. If the nozzle gets cloggled, there isn't much you can do without cracking open the bowl to get to it. You might be able to see whats going on looking down the fill hole. Overall, mineral oil is about as messy as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back