Did they think of everything?

Hmm...seriously contemplating a purchase here. I'll have to wait to see how this friday's paycheck turns out.

I should also try to get the venue I'm working for this summer get one - we have a lot of speakon cable and no speakon cable tester of any kind.

The thing that I get concerned about with the cheap testers is that they don't always find the problem. I would much rather spend more money and pick up a quality tester that will detect minute variance. I had two continuity testers that I used for video, one by Paladin similar to the one above and another, knock-off type one. If I tested a cable that was giving my techs a problem with both testers, only the Paladin would show me that I had a problem. The cheap one would only let me know if there was a complete break. Since a damaged cable that does not have a complete break can give you a noisy signal, I'd prefer a tester that can detect that. Personally, I'll save my $40 towards the purchase of a better tester.

I've used this new tester several times already and find it to be relaible to say the least. I assumed the case would be constructed of very thin metal and was surprised to fine it uses a heavy gauge of sheet steel. It's a solid piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back