Diff' between Hazer and Smoker

To quote the article linked to:
Pump hazers also includes machines which function in the same manner as a fog machine, pumping fluid into a heated chamber where it is vapourized to produce a cloud. Hazers which heat fluid to create an atmospheric effect only use mixtures of water and glycol or glycerine. Spray hazers which atomize fluid can use either a water-based or mineral oil fluid.

Our Unique Solutions hazer works like this.

Heater blocks you say...

IMG_2463.jpg

If it's only for a specific event or short period of time, why not just rent something?
DF50 is the go to hazer. Easy to implement without much prior knowledge because it outputs a steady amount of haze with a single on/off switch.

In spaces I used it, we'd just write a Stage manager cue to be called for someone to switch the hazer on and off at a certain point in the show - during rehearsal.
After a rehearsal or two, we'd decide if there was too much or too little and alter when the hazer got turned on and off.
The addition of a box fan was useful for when you needed haze for one scene but you didn't want it starting to come in the scene prior, or if you wanted it to clear faster.
In my experiences the MDG Atmosheric is the “go to” hazer. In my 20 years in this industry I used a df50 MAYBE 2 times. And that was 20 years ago.

Not saying it’s a bad option, but I think the MDG is a better hazer, plus depending on their fire suppression system I think the df50 might not play nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back