Mixers/Consoles Digico Rigging

Hughesie

One of the more stupid things seen at plasa

:p

Last edited:
One of the more stupid things seen at PLASA
I didn't know you attended this year's PLAZA. As for the intelligence, some might encourage you to rethink your thesis. How many trade show booths have you designed and/or critiqued? And what are your qualifications for doing so? Did the designers display the product in a new and unusual manner? Did the display encourage visitors and conversation about the product? Was it visually appealing? Did it use kinetic motion to attract?

1. found the image on a website (i didn't attend myself)
2. I have not designed any, but if i do i know not to use cable ties (look at the one closest to camera on the left, i am aware there are shackles in place but the place where got the image were discussing that use of this small plastic tie)
3. unusual manner yes, stupidty, more so
4. of course it encourages people to look (just not stand underneath it)

Wait, you actually just dissed one of the top digital console manufacturers? And how old are you? Remember (and I'm borrowing this quote), a closed mouth one's own foot does not invite.

I find that to be a fascinating approach to marketing. I would not step out on a limb and say that conclusively a plastic cable tie has been used. I see substantial chain and shackels in use.

Would be interesting if midi was connected making the knobs move and screens react to inputs????

Anyone see this display??

I personally like it... but then again I have always been looking for an excuse to have consoles all around me forming a console cocoon. Now, I just want to go to an in where you walk to where FOH is going to be and there is a motor floated there......

If they're smart at all, they should have choreographed the consoles (faders and button colors) to an entire music track. (Think Bellagio water display in Las Vegas ... not too difficult to do). I would think that's their primary reason for hanging them high.

Another view, PSW Sound Reinforcement Forums: LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board => DIGICO SD8

There is one video clip out there from the PLASA show where DigiCo says they wanted to fly an "array" in their booth since it was what all the speaker manufacturers did. I was not there but from what I can tell, six of the eight SD8 consoles that were apparently there were purely display, I'm sure that many attendees would have preferred to have more of those on the floor where they could get their hands on them.

The SD8 itself definitely looks like an interesting option for some people since rumors are that the list price for the basic package is under $50,000. What I really do not like is that if you go to DigiCo's web site you have to register in order to get any information on the SD8. It just seems incongruous to show a product at a show like that and make a big marketing splash about it and then not readily offer information on your web site.

Registering only gets you a video... You go to a different registration page and they'll post you a brochure, from the UK...

I'm not sure whether I like the bling factor of a Gold console complete with gold roadcase...

Chris, my favorite comment on the color scheme would have to be from the LAB.

Jim Bowersox said:
Cadac called, they want their color scheme back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back