Digital Audio Interface

Hughesie

Hey everyone, i have been saving for a while and i have decided that i want to record shows that i am working on, my budget isn't that much and i really want something that connects to my laptop but isn't crap.

i found this one tell me what you think

Behringer F-CONTROL FCA202

ebay link

Hey everyone, i have been saving for a while and i have decided that i want to record shows that i am working on, my budget isn't that much and i really want something that connects to my laptop but isn't crap.
i found this one tell me what you think
Behringer F-CONTROL FCA202
ebay link
You've been around here long enough to what will now ensue.
I think Mr. Prescott put it best:
"Living in a Behringer world isn't worth anyone's time."
Can you get any of the following down under?
Mackie/Tapco
M-audio
PreSonus
Digidesign
Motu
Alesis

i have a behringer desk and it has been great

i have a reallly low budget
$200
and anything from digidesign starts at $400

Go prosonus or M-audio if you can, they are both very high quality. I would stay away from anything that behringer makes that has a/d converters. I am sitting next to a UB2442FX right now that I own, they make decent gear if you are not dragging it around and do not expect a ton from it. Behringer however has never made an A/D converter that is worth anything beyond the white noise it creates.

So about $175 US.
Presonus has an excellent entry for about $230

If you go USB the options become plentiful.

Go USB - Lexicon Alpha. I'm going to be getting one of these soon. Very reasonably priced at a hundred bux US.

There is an old saying "The poor always buy twice"
also, a poor product or the wrong product at the right price is still the wrong product

Sharyn

Buy once...Cry once. That means buying the right thing the first time and crying over the cost is far better than purchasing the lower priced item now and later realizing you made a bad choice.

Id say save up get a Mbox, troll ebay for a deal, with the mbox 2 the prices are pretty low, you will then have a decent system and get used to pro tools, and be protools compat if you upgrade or have access to a bigger system.
Sharyn

I know this is way out of your price range, but I just got a MOTU Traveler for a film shoot I'm about to begin (I'm also now broke :p ). So far, it's been absolutely amazing - perfectly quiet, easy to use, and lightweight and portable!

A while back Peter,(don't know where he went) got a Presonus FirePod for recording youth services.
It seemed to work pretty good, as the files on his website were excellent.

It's a tad more reasonable($500 US) than the Traveler at $850.

If you're involved in playback for theatre type show the m audio 410 is a 4 in 10 out firewire box with 2 pre amps. The 4 in is limiting but the box isn't ideal for overdubbing anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back