Control/Dimming Digital to Analog Converter Issue

kmhayes

Hello All

So one of the theaters I work at recently bought a used digital to analog converter (an ETC Response 96 out) and I'm trying to get it to work with our system.

We have old TTI dimmers with cinch jones 10 pin analog male connectors. Our old D to A (which still technically works but is very finicky) has adapters that have (6?) female cinch jones on one end and then a serial-printer type (sorry, don't know the actual term) male end that connects to the female analog outputs on the converter box. The new D to A has centronics analog outputs - is it as simple as getting a male centronics connector and changing out the end on our pre-existing adapter cables? Wanted to check before I go purchasing a bunch of things I don't need.

Thanks in advance!

Hello All

So one of the theaters I work at recently bought a used digital to analog converter (an ETC Response 96 out) and I'm trying to get it to work with our system.

We have old TTI dimmers with cinch jones 10 pin analog male connectors. Our old D to A (which still technically works but is very finicky) has adapters that have (6?) female cinch jones on one end and then a serial-printer type (sorry, don't know the actual term) male end that connects to the female analog outputs on the converter box. The new D to A has centronics analog outputs - is it as simple as getting a male centronics connector and changing out the end on our pre-existing adapter cables? Wanted to check before I go purchasing a bunch of things I don't need.

Thanks in advance!

Yes. You probably have a D connector, and you just need to replace it with a 36-pin male Centronics connector (otherwise known as a Champ connector when it comes from Amp). Pinout is channels 1-32 on pins 1-32, common on 33 through 36.

ST

Hello All

Thanks in advance!

Yes. You probably have a D connector, and you just need to replace it with a 36-pin male Centronics connector (otherwise known as a Champ connector when it comes from Amp). Pinout is channels 1-32 on pins 1-32, common on 33 through 36.

Or, you could buy a used 96-channel adaptor box from PRG in NJ. It has 3 Centronics tails, and 16 female panel mount Cinch Jones connectors. They probably still have some in stock.

ST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back