Control/Dimming Dimmer in #1 space on Sensor rack always stays on

Hi,

We have an issue with a 96 dimmer Sensor rack. The dimmer #1 is always on. We've swapped modules and dimmer #1 still stays on. We split it as a dimmer doubler and one side works fine, the other doesn't (It stays on).
Based on a suggestion in another thread, I've set the curve to linear, but no joy .

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would check the processor for the rack. Under setup>dimmer you can adjust settings for each dimmer. Make sure #1 isn't set to always on. If that doesn't fix it, check the light board and make sure you don't have that dimmer parked in any way. If neither of those fix it, I may look for the ETC tech support number.

+1 to above. You can narrow it down if you want to. What happens if you turn off the board? If with the board off after several minutes it stays on it is most likely in the rack. If it goes out after a couple minutes it's probably in the console. The reason you need to wait a period of time is that the Sensor rack will hold the last look it sees for a while.

If its a CEM+ or CEM3, check it via the web interface to see where its getting its input for dimmer 1. If its a classic CEM, try setting the level via front panel to Full, 50, 0, and Release and see if the light on the circuit tracks the levels you're setting. If it goes off at release, I'd track down the various control sources and see what is trying to set the level.

There is a simple test option from the Sensor menu. Start with the light bulb button. (Models vary so get out the manual or be prepared to poke around some. Be sure to 'release' the test to restore DMX control. Setting it to 0 will keep it off.)

If you can dim the light that way, it's a control issue. If not it's a Sensor issue.

Thanks everyone. Haven't figured it out yet. We have an ION board
Got around it for now - will try some of the ideas you suggested that I haven't tried and get back
Right now, opening is Friday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back