Dimmer Pack

An air compressor is fine to use, just regulate the amount of pressure that you are using and watch what you are doing.

As for the water, if your compressor doesn't have a water trap it will (should) have a tap at the lowest point on the air tank. Open this and the water is simply removed.

If you are worried, just spray a jet of air onto your hand. If your hand gets wet then you have water in the tank.

I only ever use compressors in my workshop and the main problem that you need to be concerned about is wedging crap into places or spinning up the fans, which can damage them. Most people think that you need 100+PSI when in effect you only need enough pressure to lift the dust. 40 to 60PSI is usually more than enough.

Water is more of a concern if you are painting or have an air tool plugged into the other end. Remember that circuit boards get doused in cleaning fluid.

It is just a case of ensuring that everything is dry before testing (or soldering - some of the cleaning fluids are very flammable).

ill see if my director wants me to call up to grandstage and ask them how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back