Design Dimmer Packs/lighting Console and Wiring

It's official our church lighting system is going down for the count. Thus I have to present a budget for all new (or new to us) equipment. As I looked at our lighting config. the switch in the auditorium turn on the just the house lights to full-on. Then when the lighting board (NSI) is "plugged in" the house lights become controllable and stage lights are now able to be turned on. The dimmer packs are NSI as well with the entire system being microplex. We are wanting to switch to DMX. Questions:

1) We have Levitron MC7500 (N7524) console - what DMX console would be best?

2) We have two (2) NRD 8000 (N800-E9) dimmer packs. The house lights plug into one and is hard wired into the house switch and direct power, the second is hard wired into direct power and linked to the first - what DMX dimmer pack solution would be best? The dimmer pack needs to have "screw terminal connection" (I don't know if that is standard).

Any and all recommendations are appreciated. Let's say the budget is between 3K (would pass easily) and 8K (would take some convincing).

Thanks - Ty

Yes. By adding two Luma-Net stations, one at the entrance and one in the booth, you can have four preset options to choose from upon entry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back