Dimming - Electro Control Dimmer - Non Dim option

Wattson

I was hoping that someone somewhere out there could help me with this ancient system.

Right now I am trying to pull off a miracle at a high school that has all Electro Control equipment (groan). Unfortunately we are unable to get the lighting console to work because it is missing a key. However, the dimmers and fixtures all work.
I noticed that there is a non-dim switch on the front of the dimmer. There is also a off/test/sequence toggle that has allowed me to test lights (but they won't stay on for a long time).
Given that there is a non-dim switch, does anyone know how I might use the outlets on the back of the dimmer as non-dim? Even if I can't get control at least I will be able to utilize some of the power that is just sitting there.

Any help at all would be great!
Thanks!

Actually you can probably get your board on. Use a luggage keg or cheap padlock key and jiggle as you try to turn it on. I have used a knife but that isn't a great idea. What is your knowledge base? Could you jump around the lockout?

Do you have a good maintenance person at this school?
Most good maintenance guys can pick locks.
These cylinders are usually super easy.

Do you have a good maintenance person at this school?
Most good maintenance guys can pick locks.
These cylinders are usually super easy.

My district electrician taught me that if you have enough keys on your key ring, one of them probably unlocks what you want to get into if you jiggle the key around a little bit. That's actually how we ended up with spare keys for our electric winch system -- I found a surplus store selling cheap padlocks and found out the keys to those locks work on our winch control panel, so I bought up a couple extra locks and we now have a couple extra keys on hand when we need them.

My district electrician taught me that if you have enough keys on your key ring, one of them probably unlocks what you want to get into if you jiggle the key around a little bit. That's actually how we ended up with spare keys for our electric winch system -- I found a surplus store selling cheap padlocks and found out the keys to those locks work on our winch control panel, so I bought up a couple extra locks and we now have a couple extra keys on hand when we need them.
I discovered the same thing. The key to the fly system also works in the Genie lift and the dumpster compactor.
:)

IIRC, most lifts use the same key, or one close enough to work. Genie to JLG and others.

Brad nails also work great on tamper-proof switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back