Direct Feed from Camcorder to Projector

I have a dance tour about to go out on the road and they were running into the same thing you were. Low budget, but needed something to work. They bought a mini DV cam, just like yours, then they bought a Edirol V-4 4-Channel Video Mixer and more Unpowered at GuitarCenter.com.
for a switcher. They just ran a RCA video feed out of their laptop into the switcher, then an rca feed from the camera to the switcher, then an rca feed out of the switcher to the projector.

I will send you a PM on someone you can contact about a used projector. They are very friendly and will answer any questions you have.

Hello, can anyone give some advice about cabling for live projection. I did a livestream from a theatre last week and we had to run massive lengths of cable which in turn cause massive lag to the installed projector. I was wondering if a wireless camera to vision mixer - vision mixer to projector would be more successful? or at least to the projector.. the live stream was perfect (as good as can be) but the live projection could have been better. 60 metres of cable to the projector clearly not a good idea - normally use 20M max and all ok
Thanks

Hello, can anyone give some advice about cabling for live projection. I did a livestream from a theatre last week and we had to run massive lengths of cable which in turn cause massive lag to the installed projector. I was wondering if a wireless camera to vision mixer - vision mixer to projector would be more successful? or at least to the projector.. the live stream was perfect (as good as can be) but the live projection could have been better. 60 metres of cable to the projector clearly not a good idea - normally use 20M max and all ok
Are you referencing video lagging the audio or projected images lagging the related live action or something else? In any case, when you are talking transmission speeds approaching the speed of light the difference between 20m of cable and 60m of cable is not an issue in relation to latency. What is much more likely to be a factor in any noticeable latency is the processing and conversion in the camera, switcher and projector. Was all of the equipment and the system setup exactly the same with the only difference being a 60m rather than 20m cable to the projector? Maybe something else also changed or maybe the larger losses resulting from the longer cable length required greater processing.

Hi thanks for the quick response.

delay on the projection was considerable with live act in front of it, everything set up the same ish different cameras this time too though, installed projector (not mine). But everything from the cameras to the mixer to the livestream was good, audio direct from the sound desk - from the switcher to the projector is the real problem

It was a new venue for me and much larger than I'd normally do, so I've started with looking at what's different. I don't know the details of the projector and suspect that it may have cause some of the issue as it it didn't look like it had been moved in years :) I'll have a good look at my switcher too and work out how much delay could have come from it's output.
SO, investing in wireless video senders not an instant fix and quite expensive if it's only to speed up set-up and takedown.

I'm editing the video now so will be better placed to determine the amount delay, no-one's complained I'd just like to know what caused it so I can try to avoid it in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back