Disneyland to reopen on April 30, Disney CEO Bob Chapek says

"The Happiest Pandemic on Earth!"

It's not gonna be your Grandma's Disneyland, not for some time to come. The locals are unhappy because The Mouse cancelled the annual pass program; the tourists think it gives better access, Mouse likes the greater revenue from day tickets in the face of reduced capacity and other restrictions.

No pictures with characters. Limited indoor dining options. I don't think the live production shows are running, and the parades no longer have a scheduled time so folks don't line up and crowd each other.

Last edited:
They needed to get rid of the annual pass for locals for years. It would have not had any issues in still keeping enough people coming in, but they would have not had to keep raising prices through the roof for the rest of us. They could have kept a reasonable ticket price and made up for it with more concession and souvenir sales. That being said, I can't wait until I can go.

"The Happiest Pandemic on Earth!"

It's not gonna be your Grandma's Disneyland, not for some time to come. The locals are unhappy because The Mouse cancelled the annual pass program; the tourists think it gives better access, Mouse likes the greater revenue from day tickets in the face of reduced capacity and other restrictions.

No pictures with characters. Limited indoor dining options. I don't think the live production shows are running, and the parades no longer have a scheduled time so folks don't line up and crowd each other.
Well, like most articles I see right now, they got about a 45-60% accurate reflection of what's up on the ground.

Well, like most articles I see right now, they got about a 45-60% accurate reflection of what's up on the ground.

For their employees, I'm glad they're reopening on any terms. The guest experience is... diminished (coming from a friend that books stuff for Mouse) and it will be some time (2022, most likely) before things become more like they were in 2019. If guests find they are getting their money's worth, well, rock on, Garth!

So, we opened Vegas to California (thanks for the extra COVID), but they are keeping Disneyland to themselves. I cry foul!

So, we opened Vegas to California (thanks for the extra COVID), but they are keeping Disneyland to themselves. I cry foul!
Feels like they don't care about you? Feeeeeeeeelllllll my employee pain! ;)
hellraiser-pinhead-is-daddy.jpg

For their employees, I'm glad they're reopening on any terms. The guest experience is... diminished (coming from a friend that books stuff for Mouse) and it will be some time (2022, most likely) before things become more like they were in 2019. If guests find they are getting their money's worth, well, rock on, Garth!
Diminished guest experiences do not exi-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can come down here instead so that l can get my job back! Recalled based on skill for the NBA Restart, displaced based only on seniority.

You can come down here instead so that l can get my job back! Recalled based on skill for the NBA Restart, displaced based only on seniority.
Yeah, if I had the money, I'd come visit. My replacement job doesn't quite cover the bills already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back